Here’s another Bobby-soxer, but I don’t think she is as cute as my mother! This is dated 1951.
* Time is running out on Fashioning an Education: 150 Years of Vassar Students and What They Wore.
* The catalogue for the upcoming auction of the Debbie Reynolds Costume Collection is now available to download. June 18, 2011, in Beverly Hills, of course.
* The blog Ivy Style has an interesting post about the making of madras.
* More cost cutting is on it way to the clothing industry. To quote: ”Most garment manufacturers take care to make changes that won’t be spotted easily by consumers.”
* This is from a few years ago, but lovely all the same: A look inside Jeanne Lanvin’s library.
* And finally, a great piece from On This Day in Fashion on the founding of the ILGWU.