I’m still on the road, so I’ve got a shorter version of Vintage Miscellany this week.
* How a poor girl from New York ended up as the designer of Mamie Eisenhower’s inaugural gown – the story of Nettie Rosenstein and Eva Rosencrans.
* There are two new exhibits at the Mint Museum in Charlotte, NC. And the Bead Goes On, a view of 20th and 21st century beaded clothing, (now through February 2013) and Read My Pins: The Madeleine Albright Collection which opens June 30, 2012.
* Brooks Brothers provided the gents’ costumes for the up-coming Great Gatsby film, and here is a first look.
* Enjoy Liz’s review of the Tassen Museum Hendrikje, of the Museum of Handbags and Purses in Amsterdam.
* Can’t afford an Hermès bag? Make your own from paper.
* Are you over Karl Lagerfeld’s cat yet? Yeah, me too.