I’m just betting that her feet are very hot, between the way her toes are scrunched up and the scowl on her face. It doesn’t help that she’s looking into the sun. But no matter, with a swimsuit that fabulous, even a tar beach is ready for a fun time.
* The Museum at FIT now has part of their collection online. Spend the afternoon browsing and call it research.
* I love Jayne Shrimpton’s column at findmypast.co.uk. Readers can send in old family photos and she analyzes the clothing, jewelry and hair to place a date on the image.
* It’s a good time to be in the sewing machine business. I used to see really good sewing machines in thrift stores all the time, but sales there must be good as well, as I can’t remember the last time I saw one.
* The Paris couture shows were last week, and most critics were quite happy with what Raf Simon produced for Dior. That made even Bernard Arnault smile.
* On the other hand, the reaction to Lagerfeld’s “New vintage – for today,” was not as positive. Still, how can one not love a kitty cat inspired frock?
* You know that the situation in Washington is out of control when Congress cancels Seersucker Thursday.
* Chinese fashion designer Janko Lam is tackling the problem of all the textile waste produced in her country.
* Project Runway returns on July 19, and I can’t decide whether to clap or boo. I guess I’ll find out which is appropriate soon enough…
* And finally, just for the sheer fun of it - Alison McMath of Kitty Wink Vintage in Timeless Style.