There ought to be a rule about group photography that says you can’t take the photo unless all the 8 through 10 year-old boys are otherwise engaged. It’s the only way to keep them out of the very front of the photo, hogging the spotlight. Can you tell I grew up with two brothers?
I hope it is still beach weather where you are. We awoke to rain here in the WNC mountains, but I can’t complain because our weather has been almost perfect for most of the past week. The rain does give me a bit of time to share a few links with you.
* Several years ago I shared some photos of the work of textile designer Bernat Klein that were sent to me by photographer Authur Massey. Here is a newish article on Klein, who is still alive and living in Scotland. He was a poor spy, but an incredible designer.
* The last custom glove-makers in the garment district of New York are struggling.
* You have got to see these matches. What a collection!
* Some time back the Claire McCardell fashion classic, What Shall I Wear? was to be re-released, but something happened and the book was not published. Now Overlook Press is scheduled to release the book in October. Keep your fingers crossed. Sign up to get an Amazon alert when the book becomes available. Thanks to Michelle Braverman for this info.
* After seeing the US Opening Ceremony outfits for the 1988 Olympics, I’ll never criticize Ralph again.
* There has been a lot written and said about the late Anna Piaggi, but nobody did it better than Bill Cunningham.
* Buzzfeed featured one of my photos last week in a photo list of cake mascara. They credited fuzzylizzie.com, but did not link back. So no link for them! Instead, here is the link to my original blog entry.