Yes, I know summer is over, but this is the South, and it is still quite warm. This week I’ll be off to the North Carolina coast but I’ll have posts going up on a regular schedule.
* The next clothing and textiles auction at Charles A. Whitaker will be November 2 and 3. There are some seriously lovely offerings, including a Lucile beaded gown, a Fortuny pleated silk and a slew of Ralph Rucci.
* For the first time many of Frida Kahlo’s dresses and other clothing will go on display in Mexico City in November.
* “You have a more interesting life if you wear impressive clothes” and other words of wisdom from Vivienne Westwood.
* I’m betting that I’ve actually shopped at this Goodwill…
* The next Manhattan Vintage Clothing show is October 12 and 13.
* And yet another shopping opportunity: Items from the estate of Greta Garbo will be auctioned in Beverly Hills December 14 and 15. Included is much of her personal wardrobe. The catalog is amazing. Thanks to lemur178 for that link.
* A French court sided with a small knitwear company in a copying case against Chanel.
* The Fall 2012 Vintage Inspirations has been published on the Vintage Fashion Guild site.