I have a long list of items for which I’m searching in order to fill gaps in my collection. If you are a vintage seller, or even if you only have one nice thing that you think might interest me, please feel free to email.
Please note that you will be responsible for pricing your items. I will let you know if the price is too high for me, or if I think you have terribly underpriced the item. I’m willing to pay a fair price for items I want or need, but please keep in mind that just because I’m a collector, it does not mean that I have unlimited funds. I’m a retired teacher.
Condition is important, but your item does not have to be perfect. I do prefer items that are all original with no alternations. Size is not an issue, as I do not collect to wear.
Please do not just email a link to your online shop. If you have a particular item you think I might like, send a link to it, and I promise to look at your other stuff as well.
My main interest is women’s sportswear and casual clothes, 1915 – 1975, but I also buy other items from those years. If you are a regular reader of this blog I’m sure you have an idea of the types of things I love.
Here is a list of some of the things I’m currently searching for. Note that this list is constantly changing, so check back often to see what I’m currently interested in buying.
* Bathing suits and accessories. I actually have quite a few bathing suits, but would be interested in any really special ones. I’m more interested in bathing caps and shoes – any accessory to go with suits I already have. See the collection at fuzzylizzie.com.
* 1950s cotton print novelty skirts with a travel theme. I’d especially love one with a London or Rome theme. See what I already have at Fuzzylizzie.com.
* 1920s white cotton or linen tennis dress: V neck, sleeveless, dropped waist with pleated skirt. (Patou label a plus!)
* A circa 1916-1918 sports ensemble with jacket and matching skirt, knit or heavy cotton or wool.
* White canvas sports shoes, in particular, Keds, 1915 – 1965.
* 1920s evening pumps, gold or bronze.
* Early 1930s black wool ski pants.
* 1930s culotte ensemble
* 1930s accessories with a navy and white nautical vibe: hat, shoes, handbag, belt
* 1940s Claire McCardell Pop Over dress
* 1940s wool slacks in black or grey
* 1950s Emilio Pucci top “Original Emilio Sportswear” or “Emilio of Capri” label
* nice casual flat sandals, 1930s – 1960s
* late 1950s golf dress
* early 1960s yellow or green golf skirt
* mid 1960s Cacharel blouse in brown, yellow and orange Liberty print
* 1960s anything in Disneyland’s Tiki Room print
* a late 1960s white long sleeve blouse with ruffles at the neck
* 1970s navy platform shoes
* Any women’s clothing or accessories that has a label with Asheville, NC, Canton, NC or Waynesville, NC on it.
* Any women’s clothing or accessories, especially pre-1965, with the following sportswear labels:
Abercrombie & Fitch
And of course, anything fabulous by any of the fashion greats.
* Photographs of women wearing sportswear, 1900 – 1975
* Catalogs and promotional material from sportswear companies
* McCall’s pattern 8340 from 1966