Colorado Springs, 1912
* I was happy to discover that the use of the word “curate” to mean “to pick out cool stuff” irritates more people than me.
* The Queen Sofía Spanish Institute in New York has an exhibit on the work of designer Balenciaga, curated (really!) by Hammish Bowles. There is an interesting interview with Bowles at Hint. See it now through February 19, 2011
* Scott at Ars Longa pointed me in the direction of these wonderful vintage posters of America’s National Parks.
* Michael Miller Fabric has just released a line of fabrics based on the work of 1950s textile designer Tammis Keefe. Best of all, the fabrics are signed “Tammis Keefe” (unlike another recent use of her work). Read a review at True Up.
* Nike has done another collaboration with Harris Tweed. Unfortunately, these do not seem to be available in the USA. Here’s an interesting account of a visit to see the tweed being made.