Here in the Northern Hemisphere, the weather has turned fall-like, which is a real relief after the scorching summer we have suffered through. Still, it’s sad to see summer leave us. I love the green mountains, and the roadside flowers and being able to take my morning walk with looking like I’m on an Arctic trek. My problem is that I can’t fully appreciate our super fall weather for worrying about the winter. I need to do like our cover girl and sport a cozy sweater, a cool pair of jeans and sneakers.
Well, cozy up and enjoy this week’s links:
* Were you a big Blondie fan? Well, hurry over to 1st Dibs where 30 pieces of Debbie Harry’s vintage collection are now for sale. via dandelionvintage
* Elissa at Dress with Courage has written a nice article on Whiting and Davis handbags.
* This has been coming for some time: The rising cost of textiles may bring an end to cheap, fast fashion.
* Hats: An Anthology by Stephen Jones at the Bard Graduate Center, NYC, through April 15, 2012.
* Is Fashion Art? a talk by Valerie Steele.
* NPR did a segment on Maison Lesage.
* Love fashion illustration? Then see this post at Monica D. Murgia on Rene Gruau.
* The new book on Eleanor Lambert by John Tiffany has been released.