So, how did they balance those over-sized hats in the early days of the 20th century? It took a lot of hair and a lot of hatpins!
Hopefully you have a new hat this Easter, and are ready to show it off.
And on to the real news…
* Mad Men is back, and everyone is on high fashion alert. I’m going to have a few things to say about this season’s 1966 looks, probably after the season ends, but in the meantime, here are a few interviews with the most popular gal on the interview circuit, Janie Bryant. One Two Three
* Time magazine has picked “the 100 most influential fashion icons since 1923, the beginning of TIME”
* I really enjoy reading the Find My Past blog where photo expert, Jayne Shrimpton, analyses family photos.
* That Thing Called Good Taste – about the revival of Mark Cross leathers.
* USA Today featured quite a few members of the Vintage Fashion Guild in an online feature – 10 Great Places to Shop for vintage Clothing.
* Jonathan at Kickshaw Productions posted what might just be the very first fashion video.
* Who says you can’t find good stuff in thrift stores any more?