I’m not sure which is producing more envy, the swimsuit on the girl on the left, or where she is located. It looks like a perfect beach day, circa 1930. Here in the mountains, we are still caught in the rain juggernaut.
On to the distractions…
* Janie Bryant, the costume designer for Mad Men is working on a competition reality show which might be called Janie Bryant’s Hollywood. In it the contestants will be given the challenge to reinterpret the costumes from a classic movie.
* If you spend enough money, some stores will recognize you using face-recognition technology. Really, really creepy, imo.
* A group of around 70 apparel brands have agreed to inspect all of their supplying factories in Bangladesh within the next nine months. It’s a start, but more companies need to step up.
* And speaking of cheap fashion, Ecouturre breaks down the price of a $14 tee shirt.
* Brooke at Custom Style has posted a comprehensive look at how to do a burn test to determine the fiber content of fabrics. Bookmark this one.
* The Fashion Museum in Bath, UK, is featuring the early work of Laura Ashley. Here’s a lovely review.