From time to time I’ve been lucky enough for other bloggers to nominated me for a blogging award. I usually just say thanks and go along my way, but this time I’ve decided to follow part of the rules and tell seven things about myself. I’ve never done this because I guess there are not seven things I’ve not already shared here, but I’m going to try and come up with them. Thanks for the award, Janey of Atomic Redhead.
1. My love of travel comes from reading Heidi over and over when I was a child. I wanted to live on that mountain in Switzerland with Heidi and the grandfather and the goats. I read everything I could get my hands on about Switzerland. And my first trip abroad was to Switzerland. I was not disappointed.
2. I hated school as a kid. I was just a bit too questioning of authority, and thus did not always get along with my teachers. What makes that odd is that I willingly spent 28 years of my adult life in a classroom. I hated being a student, but loved being a teacher. I think it had something to do with power.
3. My grandfather got mad at me and my cousin Sandra once and chased us across the street into the neighbor’s yard. At the time he was wearing nothing but his underwear.
4. My favorite travel companion is myself. I love to just get in the car and explore without having to worry about what anyone else is wanting to do. (Though I do love traveling with my husband and my friends as well. It’s just that they are not fashion history nuts and vintage shoppers like me.)
5. I bought my first vintage item when I was in high school. It was a 1920s beaded handbag. It came from the estate sale of my grandparents’ neighbor, and I paid 25 cents for it. And, yes, I still have it. I also still lament over the other bags I did not buy that day.
6. I have an great sense of direction, and I always know exactly where I am. I hate GPS, but love, Love, LOVE maps.
7. I once got locked in a museum and I had to break out. Really.
The other rule for this award is to award it to seven more blogs, but I’m a rule-breaker and can’t do it. Look at my bloglist. All those bloggers are inspiring writers, so visit them.