Cooler weather calls for a style up-grade. Above is proof from 1955 that one can be casual and put together at the same time.
- The rare books department at the Boston Public Library is closed due to an outbreak of mold. Mold is a major problem in clothing conservation as well. Mold checks are a regular part of my collection maintenance.
- The story of Arifa Sultana Anny gives a face to those who make our clothes.
- And if we think that clothing made in the USA means that it is safe to buy, this story will burst that bubble.
- Cathy Horyn compares the “fashions” shown by Kayne West to underwear.
- New York’s Garment District is famous, but Kansas City had their own clothing manufacturing district as well.
- How fashion companies are turning to their own archives for inspiration.
- Fast fashion is notorious for copying high fashion, so I think it is really humorous that Hedi Slimane at Saint Laurent was found copying a design from Forever 21.
- Yes, it is true that vintage shopping is not what it used to be.
- For those of you lucky enough to be in Paris this winter, there will be an exhibition of Louis Vuitton travel goods at the Grand Palais starting December 4.