My latest project is tracing the path pajamas took from the bedroom to the beach. It helps when I find photos like this one, happily dated to 1929. If only this were in color!
And now for some news…
- Rumor has it that the topic of next spring’s big fashion exhibition at the Metropolitan Museum of Art will be fashion and religion.
- Would you wear a “refugee” dress?
- Does the US need another big clothing company? ASOS, a UK based company, thinks so.
- The debate on whether or not museums should be allowed to sell items from collections continues.
- You didn’t think Jimi Hendrix looked that fantastic all by himself, did you?
- Here’s another reason for transparency in clothing manufacturing – your “made in China” clothes might be made in North Korea.
- This article about being a fashion curator is so interesting.
- The Bonwit Teller building on Fifth Avenue in New York was an Art Deco masterpiece. That is until it was bought by self-professed statue lover Donald Trump.
- Here’s a great article about Editta Sherman, who you probably remember from the Bill Cunningham documentary.
- Normalizing extremism through clothing.
- Two college students went to a thrift store in Florida and got really lucky.