Taken somewhere in Germany, 1935, and mailed to London. How it ended up in the Goodwill bins in Asheville, NC is anyone’s guess. Take some time today to enjoy the grapes.
And now for the news…
- Audrey Hepburn’s sons are selling some more of her stuff. You can bid online.
- This article about a Dutch diving club and their remarkable find is interesting.
- Can a fashion brand’s history stifle the creativity of the current designer?
- The fascination story of the twenty-three Jewish women of the Upper Tailoring Studio at Auschwitz is told in a new book by Lucy Adlington.
- There are cinematic stories behind some of those funky 1970s clothing labels.
- Pierre Bergé, the man beside Yves Saint Laurent, has died.
- Here’s an odd tale of a stolen top hat.
- I’m not sure I understand one half of this #nofreephotos thing, but I do know that it is, as always, about the money.
And now, I’m off for a glass of grapes…