I love that today is a double holiday – Easter and April Fool’s Day. For today’s photograph, I went with the Easter bonnet theme.
I’ve always loved Easter, with its promise of new life, and bunnies and little feathery creatures. April Fool’s is another story. I spent too many years in an elementary classroom not to have developed the habit of looking over my shoulder for the entire day.
And now for some news…
- Fashion photographer Bill Cunningham left behind a written memoir that will be published this fall.
- Chanel has brought a trademark infringement lawsuit against a vintage store.
- It is very important to always remember the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire.
- Future Learn is hosting an online course called A History of Royal Fashion.
- The Latest exhibition at SCADFASH in Atlanta features Pierre Cardin.
- Quilters are stitching together new business on Pine Ridge Reservation.thanks to Nann for the link
- Textile manufacturing in Britain, 1700 – 1850 – a case study
- Will the jumpsuit “replace all clothes forever”? Only if they can solve the toilet-use problem.