Yesterday I was bitten by the first mosquito of the season, so it is now officially summer here in the South. Hopefully the 1950s camp above was mosquito free.
And now for the news…
- You’ve got to wonder why glass clothing never really caught on. thanks to Beth for the link
- And why is it that no one ever talks about post-WWI paper clothing?
- Long before the dress code protests of the 1960s, a school in Brooklyn protested the suspension of a female student who wore pants to class. thanks to retro roadmap for the link
- Don’t forget to check in on Cooper Hewitt’s Object of the Day. Here’s my newest favorite.
- Karen Finch, textile conservation pioneer, has died at age 96.
- “It’s somebody who loves old Levis.” And who has a lot of money.
- Stan Smith is more than a shoe.
- The significance of Tom Wolfe’s white suits.
- Fast fashion copyists really have no shame.
- Patrick Grant has a vision for the future of clothing manufacturing.