I love her hat and her swimsuit, but please, just give me the shoes.
Now for some news…
- Casanova’s Europe: Art, Pleasure, and Power in the 18th Century, is now open at the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston. The exhibition shows fashion in tableaux along with art and furnishings of the period. I’d love a report from someone who visits this one.
- Deirdre Murphy, expert on royal and court fashion, and senior curator at Kensington Palace, has died.
- Christian Siriano talked with Fern Mallis about plus sizes, and a whole lot more.
- Christian Dior: Designer of Dreams, will be at the V&A next summer. It was a huge hit at the Musée des Arts Décoratifs in Paris last tear, and I’m glad to hear the show will be traveling. Could the US be next in line?
- Will the tariff “war” with China effect the Trump clothing enterprises?
- And in more Ivanka clothing news, the Hudson’s Bay Company in Canada has dropped the line due to poor sales.
- One shoe worn by Michael J. Fox in Back to the Future II sold on ebay for more than $92,000.
- Lowell, MA was known for years as a leading textile production area, and now a center for the study of “smart clothing” has been opened there. Thanks to Beth for the link.
- And finally, who doesn’t love a good mystery?