Climbing the tree must have been someone’s idea of a fun thing to do. I suspect it was the person with the camera. The girls in the tree don’t look so sure. How did they get up there? Look at the board leaning against the tree and you’ll see wet footprints!
And now for the news…
- Printing the Pastoral, an exhibition of early roller printed textiles is on view now at the Saint Louis Art Museum.
- Will the Breton shirt ever lose its appeal?
- “Commitments by global fashion brands to pay the living wage are not translating into ‘meaningful change on the ground’, a study has found.” The Guardian.
- Boldini and Fashion at the Palazzo dei Diamanti in Ferrara, Italy closes today, but it is great that he has been given a serious look. My favorite painting at the Biltmore Estate is a Boldini, and until fairly recently it was hung as sort of an after-thought. Now it has a prominent place in the Tapestry Hall.
- Meet Sinéad Burke and her crusade to made fashion more diverse.
- Work continues in Gastonia, NC’s historic Loray Mill Village.
- And just for fun, it’s time for the croquet garden.
- Is buying fast fashion the equivalent of grocery shopping at Lidl (or Aldi)?
- Learning from historic photographs.
- How to fact-check a quote.