Gladys is wearing her new knickers in a way that I see so often in photos from the mid 1920s and earlier. It’s a clear lesson on choosing accessories that match the feel of one’s clothing. The casual knickers and middy look more than a little weird with her white stockings and dressy shoes. I’d love to call her up with the advice to invest in a pair of oxfords and darker hosiery.
And yes, there is some news…
- Both Macy’s and Bloomingdales have committed to going [nearly] fur-free by spring 2021.
- Louis Vuitton has expanded their manufacturing in Texas (yes, you read that correctly) and the grand opening of the factory was a bit weird.
- I’m not much of a royal watcher, but this article about William and Kate’s attire on their trip to Pakistan is interesting.
- I loved this research blog post by FIDM intern Kirstin Purtich about Koret of California.
- Not fashion-related, but this report about illustrated Islamic books being cut apart is disturbing.
- Here’s a look inside the textiles lab at Colonial Williamsburg.
- Embroidered clothing is having a fashion moment.
- Never heard of Jennie Wilde? Here you go. Thanks Liza.