Undated, but from the 1940s, based on slacks, shoes and hair. Little dogs pretty much look the same.
And now some news that won’t make you scream and pull out your hair…
- There are dangers lurking in museum storage.
- Most objects look better when covered in needlepoint.
- With so many museums showing only a small percentage of their holdings, many are turning to open storage.
- I am having a hard time visualizing $470 million in fake Nike shoes.
- It appears to be a good time to be looking for a fashion or textile curating job. Missouri Historical Society and Museum of Fine Arts, Boston and the Charleston Museum.
- You can now view the Historic Williamsburg clothing collection online.
- Fashion students at colleges that have a historic clothing collection have an edge.
- 1960s fashion designer Emanuel Ungaro has died.
- Here’s a nice collection of antique roller skating ephemera.
- Going on a cruise? Leave that evening gown at home.