My new favorite thing is a photo album I recently acquired. I only buy entire albums when they tell a story. This one tells the tale of friends on a fishing vacation in the mid 1920s. It shows these women wearing some of the best 1920s bathing suits I have ever seen, along with some treasures like the plane ride photo above.
And now for some news…
- The Guardian gives us a brief lesson in mending.
- Much has been written about the conditions under which our clothing is made, so why are people still so unaware of the situation?
- It might be time to stock up on cashmere.
- Betsey Johnson will be telling all, I hope.
- Just how important was fabric to human development?
- I have a feeling that I could tear out all the walls of my house and not find a Klimt.
- I wouldn’t find Queen Victoria’s clothing in any of my cabinets either.
- Canada Goose has turned to the source for the designs of a line of parkas.
- The US National Archives was guilty of fake display.
- Sometimes the wild stories told about an old dress turn out to be true.
- “Is Social Media Good for History?”
- And to end, here’s some beach art that is pure joy.