I hope all of you are experiencing beautiful roller skating weather. I also hope that you are in a place where you can safely enjoy the weather. And most of all I hope you are in a place where people and your government are taking this crisis seriously.
- I follow a lot of museums and historic sites on Instagram, and they are all working hard to keep people engaged with their sites. I suspect that it’s a bit much, but if you need more stimulation, here’s a page that collects links to some of the online resources.
- If that doesn’t keep you busy, here’s another group from the Costume Society.
- Or just go straight to the Met.
- The State Archives of North Carolina is looking for volunteer transcribers of historic documents.
- For fans of Tim Gunn and Heidi Klum, there new series, Making the Cut, is now showing on Amazon Prime. It is similar to Project Runway, but because it’s on Amazon, all the annoying product endorsements are missing. Except the Amazon plugs, of course.
- The Journal of Dress History is online and free to read.
- A British couple is taking their daily walk wearing historic costume.
- Led by Christian Siriano, many fashion businesses are busy making masks.
- And finally, here is a fascinating look at junk history memes, and how the truth is so much more interesting than fake history.