There will be other coveted suits.
And now for some news…
- Alex Trebek’s fourteen suits, fifty-eight dress shirts, and three hundred neckties were donated by his family to a charity that helps formerly incarcerated men.
- Alfie Date, 109, knits sweaters for at-risk penguins.
- John Kennedy’s Harvard cardigan recently sold for $85,000.
- Martha Washington was more than the grandmother we always picture her as.
- And, learning from Martha’s purple dress.
- Historic Deerfield will present a virtual forum, “Invisible Makers: Textiles, Dress, and Marginalized People in 18th- and 19th-Century America,” on Saturday, April 10.
- Sealaska Heritage Institute and Neiman Marcus have settled a lawsuit over a coat the company sold, bears a striking resemblance to a copyrighted, Alaska Native Ravenstail pattern.
- Beatrice Behlen shows what we can learn from photographs of Suffragettes.
- Jessica McClintock, maker of Gunne Sax, has died at age 90.
- Elsa Peretti, designer of jewelry for Tiffany, has died at 81.