I really hate this time of year when people start thinking that summer is over. Yes, schools are starting and the days are noticeably shorter, but there’s no reason to go into hibernation just because there are Halloween decorations filling the aisles of your nearest discount store. Can you tell that I love summer?
And now for the news…
* My favorite new find is Backstory with the American History Guys, a weekly podcast about American history, of course. A recent show was about fashion, and included interviews with Ann Tartsinis (more from her later this week) and Linda Przybyszewski.
* Just when I start to think fashion blogs are creating a giant homogenized look for the world, I see this great video about street fashion in Dakar, Senegal.
* If you deal in vintage clothing, then it is likely you’ve encountered the Edith Flagg label. It was a mid-priced line, produced in California. To my surprise, I learned this week that Edith was a reality television star, appearing with her grandson on Million Dollar Listing on Bravo TV. Who knew? Edith died this past week at the age of 94.
* I really, really, want to dislike Andre Leon Talley, but I just can’t. He amuses me. See why in this Q&A session with him and Isabel and Ruben Toledo.
* Cathy Horyn is back with this essay on fashion friendship at Harper’s Bazaar.
* Project Runway is back, and wackier than ever.
* I may be confused by Project Runway, but I do love Tim Gunn.