Could the photo above be giving us a glimpse inside an early 1920s sporting event, perhaps at a school for girls? What else could explain the presence of the two women, who could possibly be mothers of some of the girls? There’s no way to know because there’s nothing at all written on the back of the photo to give us a hint. All I can do is speculate.
And here is a bit of news…
- Momentum is building in the movement to build a museum devoted to women’s baseball.
- Here’s a taste of what we might expect from Ingrid Mida’s new book, Reading Fashion in Art.
- Well, along with the corruption of the words vintage and curate, you can now add provenance to the list.
- Another Nazi-tainted work of art will be restored to the heirs of the rightful owners.
- In an upcoming movie, Lady Gaga will play Patrizia Reggiani, the ex-wife of Maurizio Gucci who was convicted of plotting his murder in 1996.
- Here’s a nice article about textile designer Tammis Keefe.
- Bride Lyndsey Raby chose her flower girls wisely, and they even had matching dresses that looked good on them all.
- Jane Fonda is giving up clothes shopping, sort of.
- “Where there is wool, there is a woman who weaves, if only to pass the time.” Thankfully, that is what many women of the Bauhaus did.
- Clothing collector Sandy Schreier is really having her moment.
- One of the forces behind Columbia Sportswear, Gert Boyle, has died.